Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July....Texas Style


Happy 4th of July....a couple of days late!  We have been having a blast down here in Texas with my family.  When my sister told me a little while back they would be home for the 4th I was on a mission to find a way to come home too!  Luckily, I have an awesome hubby who understands me and my love for my family and so graciously took personal days off work so I could come home!  Hooray!  He even drove all night so we could be there for the 4th of July barbeque! 

On the morning of the 4th we decided last minute to go to the parade in the community where my parents live, Bentwater.  They decorate golf carts for the parade since the community is centered around 3 golf courses.  It was so fun to see all the creativity.


Braden totally rocked his kicky pants jammies for the parade....I said we decided last minute, no time to change!






Later that afternoon we headed over to the Lancaster's, our family friends' and my sister's in-laws, for a barbeque and pool party.  We had not told my sister that we were coming for sure and wanted to surprise her.  I missed seeing the big surprise when Braden walked in but I heard it was great!  It was such a fun afternoon!  My brother-in-law met Cooper for the first time and my parents were so proud to have all 3 grandbabies together. 







We are so thankful for all of the freedoms we get to enjoy.  We love our country and are appreciative to those who have fought to keep our country free.  God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment