Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Boys: 4 months and 3 years

My little buddy, Cooper, had his 4 month check up today at the pediatrician.  Let's just say he is HUGE!...He weighed 19 pounds 5 ounces and his length is 26 and a half inches.  His daddy has given him a new nickname, "Tank". 

It is so fun to watch him grow from month to month, thanks to Aunt Cici for making his super cool month onesies.  He is just such a joy.  Smiles all the time and "talks" constantly.  He loves to play on his tummy and rolls over almost instantly when you lay him on his back.  He hasn't quite figured out how to roll back the other way yet.  We started feeding him rice cereal recently and he is starting to really get the hang of eating off of a spoon.  It is so funny to watch his face with the first bite! 
He is starting to cut his bottom two teeth and drooling like crazy, shoving everything he can find into his mouth (including Mommy's hair, ugh!)  He really loves to be sitting up so he can see everything.  He loves to play in his exersaucer since it brings him up to a higher level for viewing.  He loves to be able to watch his big brother play too!  Love my little booger!

And since this blog was not created at the time of Braden's birthday, I will say a little about my big buddy!  He would not want to be left out!  Oh my 3 year old, what a blessing he is {even when I want to pull my hair out with his new 3 year old attitude}!  One look at this picture and you'll understand my troubles....how can you discipline that face?


Well, I have figured it out for the most part.  It's still a day by day adventure :)  He is so much fun, saying lots of funny things these days.  I wish I had kept a journal to record all of the funny phrases and words he has come up with!  Instead of a birthday party, this year we decided to take him to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX.  He had a blast! 
Before we left on our trip, I had made up a questionnaire to ask Braden while we were driving.  Some of his answers really surprised me.  I loved hearing what he had to say. 

1.  What is your favorite color?  Orange
2.  What is your favorite animal?  Elephant cause it has a long trunk that shoots water out of it.
3.  Who is your best friend?  Kinley (Haddy) and Seth (Lucky)
4.  What is your favorite place?  The zoo
5.  What is your favorite song?  The zoo song (Animal Fair), peanut butter jelly song
6.  What is your favorite toy?  Woody and Buzz
7.  What is your favorite food?  Chicken Nuggets
8.  What is your favorite snack?  Fruit snacks
9.  What is your favorite TV show?  Doc McStuffins
10. What is your favorite movie?  The Lion King.  It has lots of lions.
11. What is your favorite book?  Elmo
12. What is your favorite thing to wear?  tennis shoes
13. What is your favorite game?  Woody and Buzz on iPad
14. What is your favorite team?  Football team
15. What is your favorite drink?  Juice (apple)
16. What is your favorite holiday?  Christmas is my favorite!
17. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A football player
18. What makes you happy?  Gymnastics
19. What makes you sad?  When I bonk my head
20. What is your favorite Bible story?  Noah's ark

This will definitely become a yearly birthday tradition. It will be so fun to see how his answers change every year!


No comments:

Post a Comment